Saturday 11 November 2017

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Hello.
Just a slight break in Christmas card production today,
for a bright and cheerful birthday card.

My inspiration came from a fabulous Laura Fedora project video,
that you can see at the Simon Says Stamp Blog


I started by covering a card panel with distress inks and some water splashes.
On another panel, I die cut my 'Happy Birthday to You' a few times.
The top and bottom of the panel just had small pieces of the letters visible, so I decided to cut these off, and actually, it allows the distress ink to show through nicely.
I used tiny pieces of foam tape to pop this up onto the distress ink background,
and then tucked in a few random sequins.

I finished by adding my Yeti, and a little, labeled message.


Challenge



Supplies.
MFT - Beast Friends / Happy Birthday To You Die
Distress Inks - Festive Berries / Pickled Raspberry / Spiced Marmalade / Mustard Seed / Twisted Citron / Cracked Pistachio / Salty Ocean
Big Hugs Sentiment is Mama Elephant, Labeled Messages

7 comments:

I Card Everyone said...


the cutest CASE of Laura's card I've seen YETI!!! I have it on my list - but like yours so much I may just let it go! xx
=]

maria f. said...

I recognized the Laura Fadora CASE immediately. What a great card hers was and yours is perfect too!

Marsha Reed said...

Very cute Yeti, Caroline! Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

Heidi Weaver said...

Hi Caroline, what a bright and happy birthday card. Of course you have to stop to make a birthday card. Christmas comes but once a year. Birthdays happen ALL the time. Great background showing through those negative die-cuts. The Distress inks are so wonderfully vivid. I love that you cut your "Happy Birthday to You" at an angle. Very effective. And, of course, that adorable little Yeti--what can I say? Beautifully coloured and adorable. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Gail said...

A very fun card! Love the bright, colourful background peeking through the die-cuts. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

libbystamps said...

Aw....very cute! Love the cut out letters! Thanks for linking up to our challenge this week at Watercooler Wednesday!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Caroline this is "Yeti" another great card. Love your background colour mashup, and the die cut lettering. So cute. The Yeti is coloured so well. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.