Friday 1 September 2017

LOVE IS ALL YOU NEED


Hooray!
It's September.
This time last year I was getting ready for my youngest daughter's wedding.
We had an amazing time.
The wedding was on the Thursday, and on the Friday we all moved into a little cottage, next door to the village hall. We decorated the hall and marquees ready for the blessing and merriment on Saturday.
Then had a hung-over clean up on Sunday afternoon ;-)
It was perfect.

Oh, did you come here for the card :-)
Here it is ...


I die-cut my panel and then stamped the sentiment, embossing it with gold powder. IRL the embossing is really pretty.
Then I stamped the blooms and leaves in distress oxides. I LOVE how beautifully these inks stamp.
Finally I added a few gold sequins.
I really like how this turned out. A modern card for a modern couple.

Challenges


Supplies
Wplus9 - Feathers and Florals
Dsitress Oxide Inks
Lawn Fawn - Violet's ABCs
MFT - Stitched Scallop Edge Rectangle

5 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

That year just flew by, didn't it!!!???
Caroline, your kids are going to adore this card... and so do I!
=]

Heidi Weaver said...

Hi Caroline, what wonderful, vivid colours you've used for the flowers and leaves. The Oxide inks are terrific whether used with water or simply stamped, aren't they? I love the beautiful scalloped and stitched matte you've used. It is the perfect touch, along with the gold heat embossing and gold sequins. A lovely card. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Penny Hanuszak said...

Caroline sounds like you had a pretty good celebration. Best wishes to your daughter and new hubby. What a great "modern" take on the wedding card. Love the colourful blooms and the gold embossing and I be IRL it's even more awesome. Thanks for sharing your card creation and joining us this week for the Watercooler Wednesday "Anything Goes" challenge.

libbystamps said...

Very nice card! Great colors and love the flowers! Thanks for joining us Watercooler Wednesday this week for our 'Anything Goes' challenge!

Gail said...

What luscious late summery-fall colours! They really pop against the white background. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.