Tuesday 16 May 2017

MUM'S BOUQUET

Hello
I still struggle with flower cards - which colours to use, how to arrange them -
so I made an extra special effort with this card for my Mum's birthday.
She suffers from mixed dementia and I'm finding looking after her really hard right now,
but hopefully this will make her smile.


This is my 2nd entry for the challenge at Seven Hills Crafts,
this time using the colour combo on the right.

I picked out the lilac, pink and a couple of shades of green,
layering the blooms and leaves with foam tape for lots of dimension.


Supplies
WPlus9 Feathers and Florals
My Favorite Things - Stitched Scalloped Rectangles, Stitched Alphabet
Inks - VersaColor Lime, Boysenberry,Orchid, Lavender, Heliotrope
MFT - Sour Apple.  Distress Ink ( for background) Shaded Lilac

1 comment:

Esther said...

This is such a beautiful card, Caroline! No one looking at it would ever think you struggle with floral bouquets - the arrangement and colours are perfect. Having MUM in gold lettering over the top really draws the eye in as a focal point and looks so classy. Sorry to hear about your mum's mixed dementia. I've had second hand experience of dementia and can only imagine how hard, and sad, things must be for you on this journey. Hugs and good thoughts coming your way. Thanks for sharing with us at Seven Hills Crafts x