Tuesday 15 November 2016

Wobbly Penguin

Hello.
I am so bad at waiting.
When I get an idea in my head (as I often do) I want to carry it out then and there.
Take this card. I wanted to give a 'wobbly' card a go, but scouring the net for the little 'wobblers'
and then waiting for them to drop through the letterbox is just not my style.
Instead, I threw myself head-first into the craft box and came up with a bobbin of wire!
We crafters never throw anything away :-)



For the 'ombre' style, I blended a couple of inks onto some card and then die-cut the MERRY letters. I attached these to my scalloped edge panel, and also smudged a little of the light pink ink, where my penguin would go.

For the wobble, I wrapped some of the wire around a pencil a few times to get a spring, then just used tape to stick the spring to the penguin and card.
Easy Peasy.



Challenge.


Mama Elephant - Arctic Penguins
MFT - Stitched scallop rectangle and stitched alphabet
Avery Elle - merriest sentiment stamps
Inks - DistressInk Spun Sugar, Versacolor Camelia
28 gauge beading wire.


1 comment:

Barb Ghig said...

This is such a sweet card, Caroline! I love your cute little penguin, and the ombre effects on your sentiment is perfect! Loving those fun polka dots on the background, too...so cute!
Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!