Friday 18 November 2016

Rockin' Christmas

Hello.
It's a pretty miserable day here today.
Cold and sleeting.
I am just debating whether to wrap up and drag myself to the Christmas market tonight. The eggnog lattes are calling me :-)

Here's my card for this week's MFT Sketch Challenge.




If you had told me a few months ago I would be playing with inks and water drops I would have laughed at you. It was so NOT my thing. But, it's kind of crept up on me and I'm having so much fun with it.

Here, I inked and blended a couple of pieces of card. One was die cut with the scalloped rectangle and the other with the alphabet dies. For the alphabet, I placed the dies down the centre blend, so they would have a slight ombre look.

I die cut my bunnies, and coloured them with copics and then everything was popped up on foam tape, for some extra dimension.


Challenge.



MFT - stitched scallop die, stitched alphabet dies, strike up the band stamps and dies
'wishing you a' is from MFT together forever sentiments
'Christmas' is from Avery Elle Merriest
Inks - distress cracked pistachio, Versacolor turquoise.


4 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Those musical bunnies sure are cute, and the wobbly penguin below is too. Enjoy your eggnog latte at the Christmas market tonight. That sounds like so much fun. :)

Wishing you warm and cozy November days.

~Sheri

Aileen said...

Wonderful card, love those bunnies and your stunning background colours. Perfect

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Fabulous ombre look!

Love and hugs
Maarit

Arte Banale said...

Great card! Lovely idea:)