Monday 21 November 2016

POINSETTIA

Arghh!  This card was so out of my comfort zone,
and it nearly ended up in the bin several times.
But I wasn't going to let it beat me :-)


I wanted a more traditional style card for my Mum, 'cos that's what she likes.
So I dug deep and came up with a few, very old, stamps on red sponge. 
I think they must have been a magazine freebie - eons ago!

I stamped my random design, and stamped and gold embossed the sentiment.
It took me forever to Copic colour my flowers and then I was quite pleased with the final result.
Then I ruined the whole thing by using a white wink of stella brush on the petals.
I didn't realise this dried so white, and it washed out the red colour.
Despite going over and over it with the red copic, it's still not as vibrant as it was originally. 
I messed up adding some black dots to fill in the gaps, and also on the grey outline to add a little more depth.
Isn't it frustrating when a card goes like that?


Challenge


Stamps that were, I think, a magazine freebie.
Avery Elle - Postage stamp die and 'merriest' sentiment     Copics.   White Wink of Stella
Wow Gold Metallic embossing powder   

3 comments:

Fabiola said...

Magnifique Caroline, ces poinsettias sont superbes et toute ta carte est magnifique, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52cct, biz

Wendy said...

Absolutely beautiful Caroline.
Wendy xx

Deborah Frings said...

Wow - this is stunning! I love these poinsettia and that lovely personalised greeting. The postage stamp edge is such fun! Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week! Deborah, DT.