Wednesday 12 October 2016

Retro My Deer


This card is the reason 
why my dh has no ironed shirts to wear for work.

I had to google RETRO for this week's Merry Monday Challenge,
and I may have got sidetracked by some retro clothing sites :-)

Anyyhoo - what I took away from the images I saw, was that
turquoise, red, gold and brown seem to predominate.
So that's what I chose as my colour combo.


I tried to keep everything simple so that the colours would
speak for themselves.
The hardest thing was stamping my sentiment on that textured card.
I had to go back over it with a fineliner.




  • MFT deer friends, stamps and dies, coloured with Copics.
  • Avery Elle postage stamp die
  • Bow - Wplus9 heartfelt holidays, stamped in Hero Arts butterbar ink
  • Spellbinders nested ovals
  • Sentiment - Crafty Impressions, christmas baubles sentiments

6 comments:

Linda said...

Great take on the retro challenge with those sweet little reindeer. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

Notes by Nina said...

So cute, I love the layout. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Jean said...

Love the colors, love the scene! Great take on the challenge!

Maria said...

Awww...those deer are just too cute! And, awesome color!

Claire Broadwater said...

Oh, this is adorable! I love the deer and the color combo! XX

SonjaK said...

Totally love your color combo. Such a cute card!