Saturday 9 April 2016

Feeling Blue

Hello.
Today I'm playing along with the Seven Hills Challenge,
which gives you the option of 3 different colour palettes.


No being great at 'floral' cards these roses are a revelation to me.
I still haven't got them exactly right, but I'm having so much fun with them.

I came across a couple of great tips for using them.

1. Don't worry if - like me - you have a limited ink stash. 
You can use 1 ink pad to create at least 2 shades.
Ink up your rose piece and stamp. 
Then ink up again, stamp on scrap and then on your rose.
Voila - 2 shades!
( You all knew this already didn't you? :-)  )

2. The roses and leaves can be tricky to line up,
but if you start with the darkest colour first it makes it a little easier.



I've used the colour palette below for my card.
Matching up as best I can with the inks I have.
Blue for the roses, green for the leaves and the bottom grey/vanilla colour
as little sprinkled dots.

Altenew Vintage Roses.   Winnie&Walter Big, Bang Confetti
Inks - Memento -  Danube Blue / Bahama Blue  /Summer Sky.
Versacolor - Celadon / Vanilla.  A green from Hero Arts Lia Colour Lights.
Sequins 

9 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

You did an amazing job stamping these gorgeous roses, Caroline! I love the shades of blue, and your design is stunning!
Thanks so much for the stamping tips!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

What an utterly stunning card! I love all the blue hues, so so beautifully stamped. Had to pop in and say how much I loved it when I saw it on the side bar feed of a friends blog. Utterly delish. Hugs, Wends x

I Card Everyone said...

Ummm. I didn't!! LOve your blue roses ... your design and that gorgeous sentiment - lovely font, isn't it?!
=]

Kate said...

Love this :) The monochrome colours look so elegant. Thanks for playing seven hills crafts challenge.
Kate xx

Jenny said...

Oh these are beautiful, your stamping looks perfect to me. Love your choice of colour palette for these pretty roses :) Thanks for playing along with our colour challenge this month at Seven Hills Crafts :)
Jenny x

Marlou McAlees said...

stunning card ♥

Unknown said...

Actual swoon! Sooo truly beautiful. Thanks so much for playing along with Seven Hills Crafts this month :) x

Diane Jaquay said...

Stunning card and colors, WOW!

Keren Baker said...

This is so beautiful- those roses look amazing in blue!! Thanks for playing along with the Seven Hills Crafts challenge! xx