Tuesday 20 January 2015

Look Whoo's Arrived

So, I was sat at my desk, trying to think of something to use for the
Make The Day Special 'recycling' challenge,
when some sequins caught my eye.

I used the little press-top bag, that the sequins came in, as a shaker element on my card.


I filled my bag with some of the 'Spring Time' mix sequins and some stars - 
then folded the top over and hid the seal by stapling a piece of card on top.
Then I attached my 'shaker' to my card with glue dots.

Did I over-do the owls?  It is my favourite, little stamp right now, but in my defense
the little beige one at the bottom is there to cover up a black ink smudge from
when I stamped the sentiment!!!
 

Both the sequin mix and the owl stamp  (Mama Elephant Just Hatched)

Oh  shoot!  It doesn't look like either of those things are in stock right now,
but pop on over to the store anyway and see what they do have.
Lots of delicious stamps and goodies that are hard to track down here in the UK.
 
 

11 comments:

Milka Gubo said...

Super sweet card,Caroline. Love little owls :-D

Debs said...

Fabulous card Caroline - the owls are just too cute :o)
Debs xx

*Vicki* said...

SUCH a cute design! Love the owls and I never thought to put the glitter in a bag on the front!! Cute idea! :)

Juls said...

This is too cute!! Love it :-) xx

catherine said...

Looks fabulous caroline and love those cute owls. hope your well
x catherine

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so sweet & fun!

Sarn said...

Very cute indeed x

Keren Baker said...

Great card- and love the shaker element reusing the packet! Thanks for joining in with the challenge!

Tara Cardwell said...

Using a shaker little bag to make a shaker element is such a great idea!
Thanks for playing along with us this month.

Tara

Jenny said...

Using the press top pouch as a shaker is such a neat idea Caroline... lovely card and pretty colours too :0)
Thank you for playing along with our challenge this month at Make the Day Special Stamp Store :)
Jenny x

Lydia said...

Oh my this is so sweet . Love how you have created the shaker element. Thanks for joining us at Make The Day Special.