Saturday 1 November 2014

Happy Holidays Deer

When it comes to buying new stamps I'm a bit of a ditherer!
Will I use them enough? Are they versatile? Can I really afford them?
By the time I've made a decision, the sets that I want are usually out of stock.
That's exactly what happened when I went stamp shopping last week.
As a last resort, I bought this WPlus9 Winter Woodland set
WOW!
I got lucky. They are fabulous.

Here's my first play with them.



 I followed the sketch over at CAS(E) this Sketch - (just rotating it).

This was such a simple card to make. 
I stamped the trees in pale grey and then added my die-cut reindeer, popped up on foam pads.
I finished with the sentiment and a scattering of sequins.


I really love how this turned out, so I made another, just changing the colours.
Which do you prefer - red or blue?



Challenges
Simon Says - Anything Goes
CAS(E) this Sketch #98 




11 comments:

Virginia L. said...

I adore these two CAS cards, Caroline! I love the clean and crisp look and the color combo is awesome! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

Deepti said...

Oh wow!!! These are beautiful :) winner for sure

Lyndal said...

FABulous CAS cards Caroline! SO happy to see you at CAS(E) this Sketch :)

Loly Borda said...

Both are fabulous! CAS perfection, my favorite is the red one. TFS

Peggy said...

Great cards. Prefer the blue I think.

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie, these are just gorgeous, huggles Pops x x x

Lee said...

Love these sooooo darn cute.Hope you are all well.xx

Juls said...

Fab take on the sketch, hugs Juls :-) xx

Lee-Anne said...

Fabulous CAS design! Adorable Christmas cards sure to delight the recipients! So happy you could join us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

Leigh Penner said...

I love how you rotated the sketch! Your cards look fabulous!
I just got this set, too, and really like it...

Jenny said...

Wonderful cards - I love how you split the trees - fabulous take on the sketch!