Friday 11 October 2013

It's all about frosty mornings

Crikey, it's brass monkeys here today! I have given in and put the heating on!
Hubby is away in Spa, driving around the Formula 1 circuit, and I have been overdosing on Pinterest.
My girls have decided we are having a 'hand-made' Christmas,
so if you have any ideas for presents, let me know.

Here's another Christmas card for the pile...


I followed the sketch over at CAS(E) this Sketch
changing the speech bubbles for snowflakes.
I stamped my snowflakes with coloured inks, die cut them with circle nesties and 
popped them up with foam pads.


I know sequins are everywhere right now - and they do look pretty,
so I bought these silver ones at my local sewing shop.
Just a couple of questions though -
1. does anyone sell packs of multi colours and
2. what do you stick yours on with ?
I used tiny glue dots - but that could get expensive!


Challenges.
4 Krafty Girlz - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Loves Rubberstamps - Polka Dots
Simon Says - Use A Rubber/Clear Stamp


Stamp set - Me To You, Winter Wonderland.
Bear coloured with Copics and sprinkled with Glamour Dust
Snowflakes stamped with Memento Dew Drops Ink, Rose Bud and Summer Sky.
Digi DP - Pink Petticoat Dots
Silver Sequins.


15 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the image and fab layout.xxx

Sue said...

Awwww adorable image and I love how you have cut the snowflakes into circle shapes. The sequins make the perfect finishing touch.
I hope you have a good weekend
Sue xx

Peggy said...

Lovely card. You can get tubes of mixed colours. Try a haberdashery counter. I use cosmic shimmer glue, tiny amount holds them. Dee

Judith said...

great project, thank you for entering the 4 Krafty Girlz challenge - good luck xx Judith DT

Laura Love said...

This is so cute! I Love Tatty Teddy :) You can make your own home made glue dots using The Best Glue Ever. There are many video tutorials on it on youtube. That could be an option and you could make a TON with one bottle :) Thank you so much for playing along with us at Loves Rubberstamps this week! We hope to see you play along with us again soon!

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie this is just gorgeous, fabulous creation as always hugs Pops x

Sue Nicholson said...

Lovely card and layout , thanks for us at SFTW challenge, hope you keep joining us, good luck cheers Sue N x

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so sweet!
Thanks so much for playing along with CAS(E) this Sketch!

PaperDaisies said...

Such a sweet card. I love the CAS look. It looks stunning. Thank you for joining us over at Loves Rubberstamps. Hugs Nina

catherine said...

A great Christmas card here caroline. I have had to give in too and put the heating on!! I think the good weather has gone now
x catherine

Athina said...

Great use of dimension! What a cutie! Thank you for playing with us at Loves Rubberstamps!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh this is so adorable, all bundled up! Love the polka dot ribbon.

Hmmm, Athina, who commented above me, just made the cutest containers for candy, I was thinking about something like that for christmas....also the jars of cookie mix are always a hit.

I have to run out and get sequens too, I'm not sure if they come assorted. But I plan on using my "Best Glue Ever" to adhere them.

Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

Berry said...

This is beautiful sweetie Thanks for sharing with us at SFTW hugs Rebekah xx

Betty said...

So cute. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.

Anonymous said...

Perfectly CAS and so cute!
xx