Wednesday 4 September 2013

I found my family in a book

1, 2, 3, and I'm back in the room...
Despite my mojo struggling to get out, I have finally made a simple card.
To make it easy for myself, I stuck with my favourite paper and colours
(hmmm... will grey and orange work for Christmas cards?)  ;-)

This is for my friend, Debs. 
She reads anything and everything, so I thought this little Gorjuss girl,
"I found my family in a book"  would be perfect.
I used  grey ink for my sentiment, to make it look more washed out and the little heart embellie is
actually a house die from Clearly Besotted. 
I just coloured the heart orange and popped it back in the die cut.

 Challenges.
Sentimental Sundays - Happy Birthday
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes
Papertake - Anything Goes (with Optional Christmas Theme)
ABC - U for Unlimited (Anything Goes)
Simon Says - Anything Goes
Love Rubber Stamps - Anything Goes

DP - DDE Digitally Smitten.   Stamp - Simply Gorjuss 'I found my family in a book'.   Copics.
Whimsy Stamps, Circle Postmarks.   Memento Gray Flannel Ink.   Striped Ribbon.
Clearly Besotted 'Home Sweet Home' Die.   Crystal Gems.


20 comments:

Louise said...

Very pretty card. Thanks for joining us at ABC for our challenge
hugs Louise

Anne said...

Gorgeous Caroline. You did a fabulous job of her hair, it looks amazing
Hope your well
Anne x

Sue said...

Wonderful card, I love the cute image and such beautiful colouring
Sue xx

Pop's Cards said...

Stunning sweetie, stunning colours and design, huggles Pops x x x

Lisa Carroll said...

Such a beautiful card! Your coloring is perfection! Thanks for participating in the Anything Goes challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog. :)

Julie said...

Hi Caroline ! this is fabulous, love the CAS design, great image and your colouring is perfect! Hope all is well with you, hugs, Juliexx

debby4000 said...

Soooo cute and gorgeous too.
luv
Debby

Indah Permata Sari said...

Excellent coloring!! Love that stamp too!
Thanks for joining Loves Rubberstamps Blog Challenge :)

Unknown said...

I love this stamp - I actually have a print of "family" canvas in my kids room. :)
I like it in these grey and orange tones which compliment the chosen designer's paper so well.
Have a nice day...

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous Caroline! Beautiful colour scheme and image. Love it! xx

Anonymous said...

Forgot to say - love your new look blog!
xx

catherine said...

This looks fabulous Caroline and I'm sure your friend will love it. I have had a major mojo loss recently and struggling so hard with it all. have a good weekend
x catherine

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Wow, this is so fabulous, love your coloring and the great design. I go blog hopping to find my mojo. You must have found your muse, it's adorable. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

fiona mctiernan walker said...

Love your colouring gorgeous card thank you for participating at our challenge at Challenges 4 Everybody and good luck. Fiona DT.

Marcy said...

Beautiful card and I love that gorjuss image. Your coloring is fantastic too. Thanks so much for joining our challenge over at Loves Rubberstamps! :)

Patty Sue 2 said...

This is just lovely! Thank you for joining us at ABC Challenge. Good luck and I hope you will join us in our future challenges!

Julie said...

lovely card, beautifully coloured. I don't see why orange and grey shouldn't work for Christmas.

Juls said...

Sooooo cute!! Hugs Juls xxx

fiona mctiernan walker said...

Thankyou for joining us at challenges 4 everybody hope to see you again next time. you have made a lovely card and love the colours. Good luck Fiona DT

Ann-Marie said...

Fabulous card the image is so cute and I love the hair! Thank you for joining us over at The ABC Challenge and I hope you join us again. Take care, Ann-Marie xxx