Friday 4 March 2011

Totally Papercrafts #56 Pearls and Lace

Hello everyone - we have a lovely new challenge for you over at Totally Papercrafts today. My fabulous teamie, Carol has chosen the theme of   Pearls and Lace
Can't wait to see your entries and we have a great sponsor for you this week, it's the lovely Emma, at Crafty Emma's Store.




 I have had this recipe box for ages, and although it's full of our fav. family recipes, I just never got round to covering it.

Then, when I got some gorgeous new papers from Crafty Emma's Store,
I knew I had to use them.
The recipe box is on my kitchen counter, so I can have my fix of these lush papers every day..  lol**

First of all, I covered the whole box with pink paper, then layered on my dp - Prima, Madeline. 

The shaped piece on the lid was cut from the DP too.
Then I added a sentiment, made on my comp and some Prima swirls and pearls.

I put blue lace and pink ribbon around the box,
attached a bow, with a little glittered heart and then tucked in another heart and a butterfly sentiment from Craftwork cards.

'Recipe' was die cut on my Big Shot with Sizzix, Bug in a Rug dies.

11 comments:

Sue said...

Hi hun
this nearly makes me want to start collecting recipes! lol, totally gorgeous creation, beautiful papers, have great weekend hun, sue,x

Lorraine A said...

I love this Caroline ,, fabulous recipe box ,,, beautiful ,, am sure it looks fab in your kitchen ,, I have one of these boxes waiting for transformation ,,,you have inspired me to get on with it :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Faye said...

Surely your delish recipe box should be biger than this?! ;) It's absolutely gorgeous. xxx

Joey said...

Hi Hunny this is gorgeous, and the detail fab, I need to create one of these. Joey xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgoeus Caroline; the poshest and prettiest recipe box I've ever seen! xx

Wishcraft said...

Love your gorgeous box Caroline! Such beautiful papers and pretty details :o) Lisa x

Marion Kuipers-van Eijsden said...

It's absoluty fantastic. And the sentiment on the top is so right!!! I love this recipe box!
hugs
Marion

Anne said...

It's brilliant Caroline, love the vintage look youj've achieved:)
Anne x

Mandi said...

Fabulous box Caroline!
I LOVE those papers, think I need to go shop!

mandi xx

Tracy said...

A really fabulous and creative make. It's gorgeous.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Juls said...

love this!! Hugs Juls