Thursday 15 July 2010

Lazy Summer Days


What I love about warm, lazy, summer days
is sitting outside, in the swingchair with a good book.
So, I thought it would be nice to include a summer
bookmark with my pocket card.

I covered my card with the DP
and then made a simple pocket.
No scoring and folding..
I just added my DP to the pink card and
then attached it to my main card,
along three sides, with stitching.
This left the opening along the top edge.

I used the Whimsy digital garden fence,
and Tilda, who was stuck on with foam squares,
for that 3D look.
I also paper-pieced Tilda's dress and added some stickles glitter.



For the bookmark I sandwiched together
2 pieces of card, 1 of DP and
a piece of ribbon.
Then stitched around the edge.
The bird motif came with the DP
and I made the text on my comp.

I would like to enter my card for this week's
Pink Elephant Challenge, where the theme is
Pocket Cards.
Whimsy Digital Stamp 'Garden Fence' and Magnolia - Tilda with Flower,
coloured with Copics and stickles glitter.
Design Paper - and bird motif (on bookmark) My Mind's Eye 'Summer Papers' free with Cardmaking and Papercrafts magazine.
Text - made on my comp. Ribbon from my stash.

6 comments:

Francesca said...

this is a beautiful card , I love that tilda with her pretty dress
hugs
Francesca

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card Caroline, love the sweet Tilda and what pretty colours.
luv
Debby

Anne said...

Morning Caroline
Am loving this, it's sooooooooooo cute, fan little set:)
Anne x

Lisa Summerhays said...

Gorgeous! Love the pull tag.

~*Joni said...

What an adorable idea for the pocket card! I love Tilda, she is so sweet with the picket fence. The colors are wonderful, and the inset is too cute with the bird. Beautiful job~ Thank you so much for joining us at The Pink Elephant this week!
~*Joni TPE DT

Welcome! said...

Wow, what a gorgeous pocket card! I love the diagonal line and that image it soo cute! Thanks for playing along with us at TPE!