Wednesday 26 May 2010

Orange - It's not just for Halloween!!

I love this week's 'orange' challenge over at The Pink Elephant. It's a colour I don't often use but it can look really stunning... just check out the DT work over there, to see what I mean.
I took ages colouring this image, it's so gorjuss that I wanted it to be perfect, plus I knew that my new close up lens would show every error.
It's the first time I have tried to colour black hair too, so even though it's not perfect I am very happy with it.

I made this into a 'thinking of you card' because to me, the image has a slight melancholy feel to her. Does anyone else get that?

Recipe
  • Stamp - Sugar Nellie, Gorjuss 'Sent with Love' coloured with Copics
  • Text Stamp - Personal Impressions
  • DP - My Mind's Eye, Pretty Please
  • My Stash - Buttons, Orange Embroidery Thread, Eyelets
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 comments:

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Awww shucks... I did it again! WHY do they put that Reject button where I can get to it??
Sorry ladies... thanyou for the lovely comments you left me... here they are from my emails..

Angela - This is so cute! love the stitching too. and yes I get that feeling too!

Debby4000 - Fabulous card Caroline, gorgeous sunny colours and sweet image.
luv
Debby

Silvia said...

Angela, your card is really cute! The layout is beautiful. Love the little details on your card.

Sheri Gilson said...

Darling card Angela!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at TPE!!
Sheri~TPE DT