Saturday 16 January 2010

Shabby Chic Anya

This week's challenge at Simon Says is
'shabby chic'.
I'm not quite sure what that means, but
I thought I would have a go anyway.
I inked the edges of my papers and used some scissors
to distress them,
and I'm quite pleased with the finished look.
Today's deliberate mistake, was when I stuck my stamp
down on the scalloped card, completely off centre...
you should have heard me scream!!
I have had to try and stick another piece of card down the
right hand side, so don't look too closely at that bit..lol*

Recipe:
Stamp - The Greeting Farm, Miss Anya Dressy,
coloured with copics.
It's my first time using this stamp, isn't it just adorable?
Design Paper - My Mind's Eye, Wild Asparagus.
'Dream' text, downloaded from mel stampz
You really should check out Mel's blog, she has the most amazing
collection of projects, tutorials and templates.
Card edged with lace fiskars punch
Card candy and sentiment from Craftwork Cards.
Charm from my stash.
xxx

4 comments:

Mina said...

oooohhhh beautiful card Caroline, the papers are fabulous and great idea with the texted aged paper
Mina xxx

Iris said...

Your card is absolut brilliant, I love the Anya Girls, great work.
Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge.

Hugs
Iris

Pop's Cards said...

She is gorgeous hun, i love the colours that you have used here, hugs Pops x

Emma said...

Blimey I have missed so much, didn't realise I was SO far behind with my blogging!!
Your card is stunning....gorgeous image and colours.
Hugs Emma x