Saturday 23 January 2010

Cinnamon Chips and Fruit Salsa

This is a great little sweet treat to enjoy as a yummy snack,
or a simple dessert.
We are going to have ours whilst we are watching the football.
Come on Leeds!!

I am entering this for 2 challenges -
Simon Says, where the challenge is 'punch it' and
Charism Cardz, where the challenge is 'fruity colours'.
It's definitely fruity!! lol*

Recipe -
I decorated the jar of fruit salsa with some red card,
punched with a fiskars lace punch.
The designer paper was a freebie from a magazine.
I added a lime green ribbon and a flower on the top
(not sure you can really see the flower).

I put the chips in a cellophane bag and for the card top,
I used my lace punch again.
I added Cherry Tilda, coloured with copics
and a little handmade stamp from Hero Arts.

Cinammon Chips - cut tortillas into wedges and put on a baking tray.
Spray with cooking oil and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar,
Bake for 8 - 10 mins at around 180 degrees.
Fruit Salsa - dice up whatever fruit you have.
I used apple(sprinkled with lemon juice),
pineapple, kiwi, strawberry and melon.

Add a little sugar and a good spoonful of good quality jam/conserve.
Chill.

5 comments:

Penni said...

Hi Caroline

Wow, yummy crafting and yummy food too, what a talented lady you are!!! The paper you've used is so pretty, and your colouring is fab.

Hugs
Penni
X

Allison said...

so lovely and fruity
Thanks for joining us this week at Charisma
AllisonX

Sally said...

Lovely ceation. Yummy too! Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.

Unknown said...

This is great, looks yummy!

Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week

Jan xx

Emma said...

Hi Caroline
I hope you are well. I love your chips and salsa, they are decorated so gorgeous.
From one leeds supporter to another!! Lol
Hugs Emma x